Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Holiday Season is Finally Upons Us ....

The holiday season is finally upon us-yes it is! Though, I have a rather tight budget this year, I am planning to take full advantage of some of my favorite holiday activities:

A Very Special Holiday Dinner with My Closest Friends: Next Sunday, a few of my girlfriends and I are getting together for a very special holiday dinner with roasted chicken and all the delicious sides associated with the holiday season: cream potatoes, casserole and hopefully, a chocolate log for dessert! Plus, they'll sure be some bubbly to toast with.

Tea at the Mandarian Oriental: This is a new tradition. Last year, my girlfriends and I got together for a holiday tea at the Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City. It was lovely. We sat by a warm fire, sipped delcious Darjeling tea and indulged in savory and sweet treats. This year, we have decided to have tea at the Mandarian and exchange Christmas gifts. The Mandarian is a beautiful hotel located not far from the Smithsonian and National Mall.

My first experience at the Mandarian was delightful. We had celebrated the arrival of my friend Lisa's baby with a teatime affair there in June. We sat outside, sipping tea, overlooking the Potomac. It was beautiful.

In addition to all the fun activities, I am planning to throw on my apron, and get behind the stove, to create some favorite treats for my favorite people. Definitely on the list: my favorite chocolate cookies. I might even try fudge so if any of you have some great recipes, please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment