Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why I Love Crepes

Maybe, it's because I am a Frenchie at heart, or maybe it's not. But, I love nearly everything French especially crepes. I absolutely adore them. The best crepe I have had so far was not in France though, it was in Montreal at this fabulous place in the old city called Le Jardin Nelson. Can you see why:



Smothered with chocolate with a side of fresh fruit, I couldn't wait to devour this crepe, and of course I did, but I wasn't alone. I enjoyed it with some of my closest friends.

The restaurant has a large selection of crepes, which also make delicious entrees. Prior to indulging myself in this crepe, I did enjoy one for lunch, and being the Diva that I am, I chose the Diva Crepe, stuffed with Brie, broccoli, and chicken, and boy was it good.



I have enjoyed crepes occasionally at local farmers' markets, but I haven't been able to find any other place where I can say I have enjoyed them like I have at Jardin Nelson (maybe that's why I am craving to go back soon.) But, in the meantime, I am going to start making them home.

If you have any great crepe recipes (desserts and entrees), please share them with me.










No comments:

Post a Comment